Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mittwoch: den 29. Juli, 2009: 22:32 Uhr

It’s getting closer to 12 a.m. and I am extremely sleepy. But there is no way that I can sleep tonight, without first penning down these thoughts in my head. Ok, so heres a real quick update:

Today was DAS SOMMERFEST (The Summer fest), a party organized by the KULTUR BURO for all us students, teachers and staff. We, the class C-1 had organized a small THEATER-STUECK (skit) for the same. Original idea was by yours’ truly, inspired by the ‘Mind your lanague’ series. Post idea-gathering, I managed to create a readable script, but had to brutally edit the same L since it was getting to sound a bit tedious. Finally, around 4 versions and multiple role-changes later, at 18:20 hours, the final draft was ready. We were scheduled for 20:00 hours J

To say that I was apprehensive is an understatement. But once on stage, things moved very smoothly. Thanks to the support from Ketaki, Kavita, Deepak, Bora, Frau Maetzing (all of whom were cheering madly) and the amazing team-work from those of us on-stage, our skit was HIT ! Yay! Our teacher was so impressed and kept saying that it was very very well organized, (I am a happy girl). She also belw a couple of whistles towards the end. Nice!

I was initially a tad skeptical about the whole thing, since not everyone from class participated, not even as an audience initially. But finally, Alina, Dmitry, Molly, Luda, Oriol and I mamaegd to split roles amomg us and put on a rather-excellent show. Efraim would have participated but he’s rather busy and stressed out with his doctorate-work. Fabian, Gulce, Julia and Genaro didn’t want to participate. Genaro, actually rehearsed with us a couple of times and then, didt trun up for class. So, we subsititured Eric in his place (Eric and Helen are 2 new students from week4!) who are journalists with SPIEGEL- Online and are here for around 3 weeks, I think. But then Eric couldn’t reachc back from work on time, so we subistiured Oriol for his role (Oriol, was in facrt, thr original choice for the role, BTW). Alina and Oriol switched roles and she became the speaker (Sutradar, in Hindi).

Luda, Dmitry and Larissa (his wife) were absolute sweethearts, and among the 4 of us, we managed to firm up my original script. D and L are a real sweet couple (married actually) and I would like to write quite a bit on them, but some other time. They have a 2-year old son as well, they are as cute and so-in-love that it is sure to make anyone go ‘Awwwwwwwww’J

Anyways, will paste the script here later, with a translated-transctipr later tomorrow.

We had a piano recital by 2 students; Japanese and Korean, a dance-performance from Enrique and Carrie (I think) a song-recital by B2-1 and another skit by a different class (Who didn’t use the microphones!!!). Thank God, we did, we had asked for it beforehand. Then we all danced quite a bit, mostly to Spanish music, which is TOLL!!!

The entire event was a hit, and the Goethe Institut has done agreat job in organizing it. What I liked the best was the timing with which everything was organized, to the tee. Immediately at 9.40, the event came to a close, and the team went about cleaning up the place; even the papers lying about in the garden. This dignity of labour is what I admire the most here and the pride with which one goes about her work.

In other news, I somehow managed to whip up a masala-rice tonight (was stricylt OK) but needed to eat at home, since was feeling a bit under the weather (physically) but mentally am high on life, and how! :D

Today, back in class, a lot of people came up to me and called me Marlene Mueller, that was my name in the skit. and said that it was a good play, etc.- etc. I likes :)

bis bald,
Anya

No comments:

Post a Comment